The Art Of Tasting
an introduction to Bordeaux wine tasting
Discover the art of tasting in the heart of world’s famous wine region of the world. You will not only get familiar with the way the wine professionals taste wine, but as well I will reveal the secrets of Bordeaux wines, the famous terroir and I will shortly explain the importance of world well known classifications of Bordeaux wines, focusing mostly on the wines from Saint Emilion, as you’re staying in this area.
You will enjoy the wine in a familiar and cosy ambiance of your own holiday apartment. The tasting of 4 different wines from the region of Bordeaux will be accompanied by a plate of regional delicacies to share.
The tasting workshop is suitable for everyone who would like to find out more about Bordeaux wines and the way we, wine professionals, taste the wine. Whether you are a wine novice who takes first steps in the wine world, or a wine professional who wants to rediscover the most famous wine region of the world, I believe you will find this tasting workshop interesting.
- short introduction to Bordeaux wine region, its terroir and classifications
- main grape varieties of the region and their basic characteristics
- the art of tasting – 4 steps to taste and evaluate wine
- commented tasting of 4 different wines from the region
Where & How
The event will take place in your holiday apartment, so you don’t have to worry about driving the car after tasting nor booking the taxi, as well you can keep an eye on your kids or pets if they are with you. I will arrive to your holiday apartment with all the tasting equipment. Click here to read more about how to prepare yourself for an ‘in-villa’ tasting workshop.
Firstly, I will focus on the introduction to Bordeaux wine region. I will shortly describe the uniqueness of the terroir, the classifications that indicate the level of the quality for Bordeaux wines as well as I will provide the information about main grape varieties in Bordeaux and their basic characteristics.
Secondly, I will introduce you to the art of tasting. We will get through all the stages of wine tasting and you will get familiar with basic tasting vocabulary. Furthermore I will show you a few tricks wine professionals use when tasting wines.
During the tasting workshop we will taste 4 different wines from Bordeaux wine region accompanied by a plate of delicacies to share.
The tasting workshop will last about 1.5h (maximum 2hours).
Please keep in mind that I will arrive about 10-15 minutes before the tasting starts in order to prepare the table.
Every day, all year round.
By appointment only.
Up to 4 people – from 220 euro
5-8 people – from 400 euro
More than 8 people – please contact me.
Extras & Useful Info
- If you are interested in tasting particular wines (just Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classe wines, just Left Bank or just Right Bank, just reds or just whites, etc) please contact me – ask for a quote.
- Please check out the ‘Personalized tasting’ section, if you are looking for a personalized event – click here.
- Practical tips about how to prepare yourself for an ‘in-villa’ tasting workshop – read more here.
- Check out FAQ to find out more details about tasting workshops – click here to read more.
- When booking another tasting workshop (or excursion) with me during your stay, you will get 10% off for the second tasting workshop (or excursion).