let your senses be your guide
Discover the art of the blind tasting. Let your senses be your guide during this discovery and try to guess the region, grape variety or the year of the wines you taste. This workshop may be a bit challenging for those who do not have experience in blind tasting, but I guarantee it will be lots of fun as well.
You will enjoy the wine in a familiar and cosy ambiance of your own holiday apartment. The tasting of 4 different wines will be accompanied by a plate of regional delicacies to share.
The tasting workshop is best suitable for wine professionals and more experienced wine lovers, who would like to play with their senses.
If you have just started your wine journey, the ‘Blind Tasting’ workshop may be a bit of a challenge for you and I would recommend choosing ‘The Art of Tasting’ workshop to start with instead.
- short introduction to blind tasting
- main grape varieties of the region and their basic characteristics
- the art of blind tasting – 4 steps to taste and evaluate wine when tasting blind
- tasting of 4 different wines – guests try to guess the grape variety, sub-region and the year
Where & How
The event will take place in your holiday apartment, so you don’t have to worry about driving the car after tasting nor booking the taxi, as well you can keep an eye on your kids or pets if they are with you. I will arrive to your holiday apartment with all the tasting equipment. Click here to read more about how to prepare yourself for an ‘in-villa’ tasting workshop.
Firstly, I will introduce you to the art of blind tasting. We will get through all the stages of blind tasting and you will get familiar with basic tasting vocabulary. I will show you a few tricks wine professionals use when tasting wines blind.
Furthermore, you will find out why tasting wine this way is important, and why sometimes it’s better to taste wine knowing the label and what’s and who’s behind that label.
During the tasting workshop we will taste 4 different wines accompanied by a plate of delicacies to share.
The tasting workshop will last about 1.5h (maximum 2 hours).
Please keep in mind that I will arrive about 10-15 minutes before the tasting starts in order to prepare the table.
Every day, all year round.
By appointment only.
Up to 4 people – from 220 euro
5-8 people – from 400 euro
More than 8 people – please contact me
Extras & Useful Info
- You can choose from: mixed blind tasting (whites & reds), just whites blind tasting and just reds blind tasting.
- Please check out the ‘Personalized tasting’ section, if you are looking for a personalized event – click here.
- Practical tips about how to prepare yourself for an ‘in-villa’ tasting workshop – read more here.
- Check out FAQ to find out more details about tasting workshops – click here to read more.
- When booking another tasting workshop (or excursion) with me during your stay, you will get 10% off for the second tasting workshop (or excursion).