The Magic of Saint Emilion
Choose to explore your adventurous side by discovering the magic of Saint Emilion with me. Be active and let me walk you through the centuries of history of the town, revealing the secrets of the golden stones, USESCO listed monuments and the contemporary lifestyle. Moreover, I will show you all of the best spots for perfect photo opportunities.
I will be your guide in this paradise of wine, uncovering the mystery of world famous Saint Emilion plateau and its vineyards. Enjoy the experience of visiting Saint Emilion chateaux and taste their wines, try delicious Saint Emilion macaroons and when you feel like it, relax in the gardens of old Franciscan’s monastery, sipping the only bubbles made within the town of Saint Emilion.
The Magic of Saint Emilion is for everyone who would like to discover the beauty of this little town, visit world well known chateaux and taste Saint Emilion wines. Excursions are for adults only (18+), in English.
The full day excursion includes a private guided walking tour in Saint Emilion to see the most beautiful places of the town and discover the history of how the life started here. Furthermore, you will take part in private guided walking tour in the vineyards, where I will explain the way vines are grown in Saint Emilion, the magic of the terroir and cultivated grape varieties.
Saint Emilion wouldn’t be as famous as it is without its beautiful chateaux and luxurious wines. Therefore during the tour you will visit two chateaux, explore their underground queries, where bottles and barrels of wines are stored. Each chateau visit finishes with a tasting.
At the end of the excursion you will relax in the gardens among the ruins of Franciscan’s monastery, where I’ll share with you stories about the monks, the historical findings of the ruins of the monastery, the pilgrim routes and Saint Emilion lifestyle. You will taste famous Saint Emilion macaroons and Cremant de Bordeaux, the only sparkling wine that is made in the town of Saint Emilion.
The excursion will start in the morning (about 10:00) and last for about 6.5-7 hours with a break for lunch.
- 10:00 – a guided walking tour in Saint Emilion
- 11:00 – chateau visit with wine tasting
- 12:00 – a walking tour in the vineyards
- 12:30 – free time and break for lunch*
- 14:45 – a tour in Train de Vignobles with a tasting and visit in chateau Rochebelle Grand Cru Classe
- 15:45 – relaxing time in the gardens among the ruins of Franciscan’s monastery, tasting Cremant de Bordeaux and Saint Emilion macaroons.
* lunch not included; I happily provide recommendations on where to eat.
** the program order may change without notice. However, if there will be any substantial changes in the program, you will be notified before the excursion starts.
Where & How
The meeting point will be in Saint Emilion in front of the Bell Tower (click here to see it on the map)
As this is a private excursion, in case of your delay, I will be waiting for you at the meeting point and the tour will start when you and your guest(s) arrive. Please keep in mind, however, that depending on your delay, we may not accomplish the entire program.
The Saint Emilion full-day excursion will last about 6.5 – 7 hours (including lunch break)
Every day, all year round, starting at 10:00am.
By appointment only.
from 120e per person
Extras & Useful Info
- If you are interested in tasting particular wines or visit particular chateaux, please contact me – ask for a quote.
- Please check out the ‘Personalized excursion’ section, if you are looking for a more personalized excursion – click here.
- Practical tips on how to prepare yourself for a visit in Saint Emilion – read more here.
- Check out FAQ to find out more details about excursions – click here to read more.
- When booking another excursion (or tasting workshop) with me during your stay, you will get 10% off for the second excursion (or tasting workshop).