The Secrets of Saint Emilion
Let me walk you through the centuries of history of Saint Emilion, revealing the secrets of the golden stones and the contemporary lifestyle. I will be your guide in this paradise of wine and I will show you all of the best spots for perfect photo opportunities.
Part of what makes Saint Emilion so unique is the limestone plateau, where the most famous Saint Emilion vineyards are grown. Let me guide you through the vineyards to reveal the mystery behind world famous Saint Emilion wines. At the end of the half day excursion you will visit one of very well known chateaux and taste their wines.
The Secrets of Saint Emilion half day excursion is for everyone who would like to discover the beauty of this little town, visit one of the world famous chateaux and taste Saint Emilion wines. Excursions are for adults only (18+), in English.
The half day excursion includes a private guided walking tour in Saint Emilion to see the most beautiful places of the town and discover the history of how the life started here.
Furthermore, you will take part in private guided walking tour in the vineyards, where I will explain the way vines are grown in Saint Emilion, the magic of the terroir and cultivated grape varieties.
After the walking tour in Saint Emilion and its vineyards, you will visit one Saint Emilion chateau and taste its wines.
The excursion starts at 10:00 (morning half day excursion) or at 14:30 (afternoon half day excursion) and lasts for about 2.5-3 hours.
Morning half-day excursion:
- 10:00 – a guided walking tour in Saint Emilion
- 11:00 – chateau visit with wine tasting
- 12:00 – a walking tour in Saint Emilion vineyards
Afternoon half-day excursion:
- 14:30 – a guided walking tour in Saint Emilion
- 15:30 – chateau visit with wine tasting
- 16:30 – a walking tour in Saint Emilion vineyards
* the program order may change without notice. However, if there will be any substantial changes in the program, you will be notified before the excursion starts.
Where & How
The meeting point will be in Saint Emilion in front of the Bell Tower (click here to see it on the map)
As this is a private excursion, in case of your delay, I will be waiting for you at the meeting point and the tour will start when you and your guest(s) arrive. Please keep in mind, however, that depending on your delay, we may not accomplish the entire program.
The Saint Emilion half-day excursion will last about 2.5 – 3 hours
Every day, all year round, starting at 10:00 (morning half day excursion) and 14:30 (afternoon half day excursion).
By appointment only.
from 45 EUR per person
Extras & Useful Info
- If you are interested in tasting particular wines or visit particular chateaux, please contact me – ask for a quote.
- Please check out the ‘Personalized excursion’ section, if you are looking for a personalized excursion – click here.
- Practical tips on how to prepare yourself fora visit in Saint Emilion – read more here.
- Check out FAQ to find out more details about excursions – click here to read more.
- When booking another excursion (or tasting workshop) with me during your stay, you will get 10% off for the second excursion ( or tasting workshop).